We will be opening film submission for our 2019 festival on September 1, 2018!
1. Films must feature older adults in leading roles or deal with
seniors’ issues. Films should dispel stereotypes about aging
and educate viewers about aging in an entertaining and compelling
manner. Intergenerational stories that include an older adult are
2. Sending an entry to THIRD ACTion Film Festival implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations.
3. All films will be converted to DCP format for showing at the festival. Filmmakers can purchase DCP copies of their films for use at other festivals for a discounted rate.
4. English language films, if at all possible, should be subtitled for our deaf and hard of hearing patrons.
5. Foreign language films MUST provide a version with English subtitles.
6. Entries can be of any duration.
7. Filmmakers are responsible to securing ALL copyright clearance to film content.
8. All music rights must be cleared before films are submitted. Consent of performers and/or persons appearing in the film must be obtained before films are submitted.
9. Completed works only. If selected the festival will only accept the same film as was submitted and not an updated version.
10. Films should be completed after Jan 1, 2016.
11. THIRD ACTion has no premier status requirements. Films shown prior to the festival or films online are welcome to submit.
12. Absolutely NO pornographic or illegal content will be tolerated.
13. Film makers are responsible for submitted material.
14. Entrants grant the Festival organizers permission to use excerpts, not exceeding three minutes, for promotional purposes in various media, trade shows, and potential venues.
15. Successful entrants are required to supply promotional materials, such as still images, for the purpose of promoting the film.
16. Entrants grant the Festival organizers the right to copy the entry in part or in its entirety in any media format to facilitate the operation or promotion of the Festival.
17. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all matters not covered by these Rules and Regulations, and questions arising from them, will be decided at the sole discretion of the Festival organizers.
18. Submission fees are non-refundable.
19. If film submitted via DVD, it will not be returned.